Thursday, January 31, 2013

Parting Shots and Words









 Images from Nepal are burned into my mind and heart...here are a few of the last days in Nepal and the treasures they were filled with.  I am so full from knowing what I know of the people and places and of course, birds of this amazing land.  What I am filled with is sometimes hard to describe because so much of Nepal is difficult to see and to put into perspective.  There are so many issues that Nepali people are struggling against.  I will not make these my focus, though it must be said, these are a big part of every journey here.  This is why I make the trip.

These following people and places are at the core of why I return to Nepal every chance I get...


 These are the two women who OWN the Tibetan
school called Manosarovar Academy in Bouddanath, Kathmandu.  There really are no words for how deeply I admire and love them.  They returned from their long trip to India just in time to have dinner with me!  From the looks of the spread on that table...you would think that more than the three of us were dining that night!  I sure wish I had some of that food right now!






I also got to meet a former Manosarovar
student that whom we had the pleasure of
teaching a few years ago.  Tenzing met me for
lunch and I got to hear the news that she is moving
to New York in a few months to live with her Mom!
It has been many years since she has seen her
Mother so she is very excited.
This brilliant girl is one of my daughter
Eliza's dearest friends from her class here.





Got to spend a night and day with Menuka's family too.  I was treated like the long lost royal daughter...  We had great laughter and of course amazing home cooked food; mountains of it!  I even have some in my luggage (sadly at the moment it is packed away!)








I will definitely return for a stay with my new family next time I come!  I was called "Jeti chori"  (older daughter).

That dish Munuka is preparing in the last photo is "lopsey", one of the foods you can only get in Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment